Saturday, November 13, 2010

A week to go before transfer...

So, the countdown is on, we are looking at a week before my 3 day transfer (if everything goes according to plan, that is). By this time next week, Thomas and I will either already be in Miami or we will be leaving at the weee hours of the morning Sunday morning, so we'll probably be packing and going to bed this time next week.

When I talked to Julie on Thursday (11/11/10) she said the donor had to lower her dose of the stim meds because they are working too well. She also had to have 2 more ultrasounds than planned and I'll have the final word on Monday about when to expect her to do her trigger injection. Below is a snipet of an article (I will include the web address so you can see the entire page) of why, when etc.

The next step the IVF treatment is triggering the oocytes to go through the last stage of maturation, before they can be retrieved. This last growth is triggered with human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). Brand names for this include Ovidrel, Novarel and Pregnyl.
Timing this shot is vital. If it's given too early, the eggs will not have matured enough. If given too late, the eggs may be “too old” and won't fertilize properly. The daily ultrasounds at the end of the last step are meant to time this trigger shot just right. Usually, the hCG injection is given when four or more follicles have grown to be 18 to 20mm in size and your estradiol levels are greater than 2,000pg/ML.
This shot is typically a one-time injection (yeah!). The timing of the shot will be based both on your ultrasounds and blood work and when your clinic schedules your retrieval.
(http://infertility.about.com/od/infertilitytreatments/ss/ivf_treatment_5.htm)

I had a long conversation with my IP's via Skype this afternoon and they are super excited as well.
We are going to do some pictures and videos of the transfer and I will, of course, take pictures of the trip to Miami. We are staying in a nice hotel (NOT a Super 8 or Motel 6) and it's by the hospital. Pictures of the transfer, the clinic (Which is really nice BTW) and some of the flight.

The Patches (Which I can't wait to get off of!) are causing my headaches and a little bit of a rash. I posted pictures below (don't judge, I have 2 kids lol) but I am ready to be off of them.



  So, tomorrow is my ultrasound in the morning, so I will know everything I need to know Monday and I will update then, probably on here and youtube.

Have a good week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all questions, concerns and comments. Please understand this is a public blog and opinions are welcome, in good taste. Also please understand I am a very open person and this blog is informational only, but is based on real events as they happen.