Wednesday, November 17, 2010

PIO shot/ Egg Retrieval

So, here we are it's egg retrieval day. I've decided that I would much rather take a rental car to Miami than to fly in plane, then pay $30 shuttle to the hotel and be stranded for 2 days or worse pay a cab a ton of money to travel the city on our downtime. When I went there for my initial testing, it was $30 in a shuttle from the airport to the clinic, then from the clinic back to the airport in a cab was like $35....plus airfare for both Thomas and I would be like $400-$500, no thanks. A simple economy car would cost $150 with unlimited mileage and the gas from here to Miami is $40 each way. Plus, no baggage costs, airport delays etc. Yeah.

Anyway, I took my god awful patches off this morning and feel sooooooooooo much better. Also took my last lupron shot (yay!) and now I am on Progesterone in oil shot (ladies, this hormone is the reason for being so tired during pregnancy) and I put a video up of me doing the first so you have an idea. I have estrace pills, which are tiny (another plus) and beginning Friday for 4 days I have to take an antibiotic and steroid for the transfer.

I'm still in a little shock it's so close, but ya know I've been waiting for this damn day to come for years. More "officially" since June 2010.

Most journies don't take this long, but my IP's couldn't decide on the right egg donor. That's another blog I've already posted.

Anyway....here is the video...Will update in a couple days when I am in Miami!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all questions, concerns and comments. Please understand this is a public blog and opinions are welcome, in good taste. Also please understand I am a very open person and this blog is informational only, but is based on real events as they happen.