Thursday, October 28, 2010

First Lining Check U/S and Blood work...

Well, my appointment went well this morning. She says my lining is good  and solid at 6.9. Time for estrogen!
The medicine I am taking, Lupron, is suppose to stimulate my ovaries and then shut them off. The pituitary gland controls the hormones that control ovulation and the Lupron controls the Pituitary gland. So, anyway I am still in the part of the protocol where the Lupron over stimualtes before shutting down, so I had 8 eggs in my right ovary and 4 in my left....for those who don't think that's much, a woman normally produces one egg in one ovary when she ovulates, sometimes two, which is when twins occur, every month. So I am producing lots and lots of eggs and my ovaries will shut off soon. Anyway, I am still waiting on final bloodwork from the Miami Clinic. The information I have right now is from the Nurse Practioner who did my U/S this morning.

I find I keep going back and checking IVF stats on all these web sites, but then I have to remember these stats are for women who have never had Children before...as a surrogate, I can carry Children and have already done so. But, I got my own statistic this morning....one of my blog/youtube/facebook friends who I will meet soon in person (since she lives in St. Pete) is using the same clinic for the same thing and she got her BFP this morning!! I'm so happy for her!! That means good things for me too, as our numbers are similar. Hope my embryo quality is just as good as hers!!

I will have official bloodwork results late today or tomorrow. I will probly post when I get them if there is anything significant.

Thanks for reading everyone.
**HUGS**

1 comment:

  1. Your so right IVF statistics are not for surrogates, we have a much higher chance of getting pregant...so get ready for that big bellie and eating whatever you want...your day is coming soon ;) I can't wait! We will be prego together...Muah

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all questions, concerns and comments. Please understand this is a public blog and opinions are welcome, in good taste. Also please understand I am a very open person and this blog is informational only, but is based on real events as they happen.