Tuesday, August 31, 2010

So.....

This will be my last update for about 2 weeks or so, or until I sign the contract, which will probably be by the end of the week.

I just spoke with Julie, and my part is done except to sign the contract as previously stated. Otherwise, now we sit and wait for all the results from the Psych tests for the IP's and Donor and the blood work and stuff from the Donor.

This is going to be 2 very long weeks. =(

But, in the end, when I can hand that baby to my IM, she is going to be so thankful. I've never really seen someone who wants a baby as bad my IM. The look in her eyes, it's indescribable. She told me Dr. Akerman (the IVF Dr.) said the inside of my uterus was "beautiful" so the environment is great for a baby.

They agreed to the changes in the contract we made, which was like, rental car reimbursement, gas reimbursement, babysitting reimbursement, paying for the hotel during my stays in Miami for the transfers and some medical issues like there was something in there stating to "pull the plug" on me should I be a vegetable on life support, but only after the baby is born. I had them take out the "pulling the plug" part altogether. Thomas and I want to keep me on life support for a year or two to give me a chance to "come around". Those basic changes and some misspellings lol
I don't remember changing anything else, but I'm sure there were a couple things. I'm not allowed to disclose the exact amount I am being compensated, so don't ask. I can't reveal my IP's identity either, so that will not be answered if asked.

Anyway, so now it's hurry up and wait and that's where we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all questions, concerns and comments. Please understand this is a public blog and opinions are welcome, in good taste. Also please understand I am a very open person and this blog is informational only, but is based on real events as they happen.