Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's odd...

I am checking this and I notice that I titled my last blog with today's date, yet yesterday when I was thinking about it, I looked in my notebook and I had wrote Friday's date as my Dr. appt. Luckily, I was smart enough to call!

So I had my appointment today. Let me just say, WOW!

Dr. Pabon was not at all what I expected. He was much nicer and much more accomodating than all the reviews I read. He was very gentle and told me everything he was going to do before he did it. He was constantly asking me if I was ok or uncomfortable. After all the testing I was sitting with his nurse and he asked how I was feeling and I told him I had a headache from no caffine plus I didn't get to eat lunch because there was a car accident. Let me back that up. My appointment was at 10, I had the consult, then he had a prior luncheon or something, so I was told to come back at one with a full bladder for the testing.
I had to go get my Dad from work then we were stuck in traffic for a solid 45 minutes because of an accident and we were literally a mile from home. It was insane. So I had enough time to drop him off at home, go inside and pee and leave again. I gulped down a bottle of water on my way back and managed to get to the 1 p.m. appt. at 1 p.m. He still was not there yet, but that's besides the point.

Anayway, I had informed him I hadn't gotten a chance to eat and he asks me if I like cheese sticks that he would get me a snack, and I was starved, so I agreed on a cheese stick. He brings me in a plate with a chicken sandwhich (pre packaged, microwaved), a cheese stick (the peel-able mozarella one), a peanut bar with caramel on it, I don't know the brand....and a cup and a fresca, cold. He also put a mayo and ketchup packet on the plate. The DOCTOR brought this in to me...I know it doesn't seem like much, but in all the experiences I've seen my Mom go through with Dr.'s, it was odd to me. But I was thankful and I ate everything lol

Anyhoo, all my tests were good and he did A LOT of tests. Pap, he did a mock transfer, put a catheter in my uterus and pushed fluid through it, biopsied it, did several ultrasounds, checked my lining and follicles (eggs in the ovaries).

My BP was 134/96 so he was concerned. I have to go in next week with good BP's. I had a super stressful day, so it was going to be high. It will be fine tomorrow after I've licked this headache and got my kids home.

But as of right now, I start BCP (birth control pills) tonight and lupron on the 27th. Contracts are next week, so things are rolling as they should be!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a wonderfully nice doc you got there!! So, did you eat all of that during your exam?? LOL, sorry, just had to ask ;) I had a visual and it made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all questions, concerns and comments. Please understand this is a public blog and opinions are welcome, in good taste. Also please understand I am a very open person and this blog is informational only, but is based on real events as they happen.