Monday, September 27, 2010

Tests, tests, tests!

So, I've been going back and forth with Marcie, the Nurse at Dr. Akermans office and also talking to my IP's about the situation at hand to keep me informed of the progress with the egg donor. Well I got an e-mail from my IP's and finally some info from Marcie today. Great news too. They have sent all my Rx's for my birth control pill refill and my shots for the IVF to the mail order pharmacy they use and they are waiting on payment from the IP's to get it processed. I will then be overnight-ed my medications. So, this time next week I should be starting the shots, or at least have them in my possession! I think I will be starting them b/c I also start a new pill pack as well. They said the last of the donor tests should be in by Friday and I should have a calendar by Monday as well, which will have my transfer date!! I'm so excited!!

I am also extremely nervous. I have been and will continue to pray that the transfer works the first time. Emotionally, I've seen what a failed transfer can do to a person thanks to youtube and I'm hoping like hell I don't have the same reaction, but I'm sure it's all in who you are as a person on how you take things.
But this is something I've been wanting for years and working hard at getting done for 4 months and I am finally at the last stage, so I just pray like heck this works the first time. If it doesn't, it just means I stop the meds, get my period and then do it all over again, up to 2 more times for a total of 3, unless they find the transfer didn't work because of something that can't be fixed with medication or routine change or something.

I just need prayers in this situation. We are only transferring one embryo because the IP's only want one child and no chance of more than 2, because we all know, one can split into 2, so they want to null down those chances.

Anyway, they are doing gender selection as well, choosing a girl. I already know the name, but I don't want to give it away until the first ultrasound, then I will put a name to the baby.

I will further update once I get the meds! I am gonna make a youtube video of it and you can find the videos I've already made and continue to update on My youtube Page

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. That's great babe I am praying for you. I hope everything goes according to the plans.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all questions, concerns and comments. Please understand this is a public blog and opinions are welcome, in good taste. Also please understand I am a very open person and this blog is informational only, but is based on real events as they happen.